Dear Students and Parents of Current Grades 6, 7 & 8,
We would like to announce that the Amman Baccalaureate School is now accepting scholarshipapplications for exceptional students joining Grades 7, 8 & 9 during the next academic year 2018-2019. The objective is to retain students of exceptional quality and to attract high quality entrants to the school. Academic scholarships will range between 15%, 25% and 50% while co-curricular scholarships are offered as 15% fee remission.
Current ABS Students of Grades 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, who received a scholarship last year will not be required to submit an application for renewal; however, each student’s record will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee in order to determine if the student has maintained the same standard of merit. The scholarship award will be rescinded if the student fails to meet the set criteria and the academic eligibility of the award.
New applicants are required to submit an application along with a one-page essay explaining why the student feels that she/he qualifies for the scholarship award and to answer the question of how you envisage the ABS education will help you to become a successful global citizen. This essay can be written in either English or Arabic and should be typed and attached to the application.
To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants must be able to show evidence of the following:
- Achieved an exemplary academic record throughout the last two academic years and the first half of the current school year (Achieved the Principal and Head of School Awards).
- Maintained an exceptional record of co-curricular activities in the areas of MUN, Sports, Performing and/or Visual Arts.
- Possess leadership qualities and attitude.
- Maintained exemplary behaviour and excellent disciplinary record.
- Has an excellent command of Arabic (except for International students) and English languages both reading and writing, as well as ICT skills.
All new applications will be evaluated by the committee and students who meet the criteria will be invited for an interview with committee members. Please keep in mind that each student will be considered for only ONE scholarship as a form of fee remission.
Please feel free to complete the application and return it back to Ms. Ghada Saifi, Registrar/Admissions Manager, by January 4th, 2018 at 3:00 p.m.
Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted.
With best wishes,